Thursday, April 10, 2014

Outfit Quickie -- Bobbles for Autumn

Only a few days left now before we leave for the USA, and the weather here in Sydney has finally started to shift into Autumn - its about 22c/72F, crisp but still humid unfortunately.

As soon as it starts to cool down, I'm looking for good transitional knits to get me through and I spotted this cute cropped jumper at Dangerfield. It's called 'Popcorn' but it makes me think of a 1940's novelty knit!



I know I should be saving money for Viva, but it was on sale... and it teams up really well with my favourite beige trousers from HeyDay Vintage.
 
While I love the cropped knits that are in fashion over here, I wonder how 'contemporary' people wear them. I feel like they only look best with high waisted clothing, but the same stores only sell low waisted pants? Bizarre. Glad I don't need to look 'on trend'!
 
Side Note - the bobbles were just knitted from an 8-ply cotton yarn, something really easy to do and sew onto another jumper. This would be really easy to add to some plain knitwear.


Close up so you can see the knitted bobbles


































A quick quiff/roll, lazy head scarf and all ready for casual Friday - my last day at work for a month! (eep morning face again! sigh...)

Outfit
Jumper - Popcorn, Dangerfield
Trousers - HeyDay Swing Trousers in beige
Scarf - thrifted
Shoes - Chuck Taylors, black/black
Lipstick - Rouge Dior 638 (blaze)

I think this might be my last authored post for the next 3-4 weeks, but I have some scheduled free pattern posts coming up.

I hope you guys have a great Easter and hopefully get a rest,

x
Bex

4 comments:

Penny-Rose said...

cute sweater! Your trip to Vegas sounds so exciting. I hope your headaches are better now.

Mariela said...

I hope you and Jakk have a great time on your trip. Maybe next year I finally get to meet you two.

Jessica Cangiano said...

That's a very good point. I too feel that they typically work best with high waisted pants and skirts and am rarely a fan or exposed midriffs or cropped tops/sweaters that when worn in a modern context end up looking like someone accidentally shrunk their standard sized garment in the drier. I've seen a few layers over longer shirts, with mixed results, but there really is no topping (in my books) the kind of ways we vintage gals style them (and I love how you've done just that here with your great Heyday trousers).

♥ Jessica

wardrobeexperience said...

the sweater is too cute. love it!