Monday, April 07, 2014

A Dual Personality, circa 1940s

I love the early Patons and Baldwins Specialty Knitting books, with the hand tinted plates - they really are very sweet.




































Today's free knitting pattern is from a sweet hand tinted plate, the back cover of Patons and Baldwins No. 108 (circa 1940 I think). 
This pattern is for a vest, a cardigan and sweater with two sleeve lengths - plus, the cardigan has an optional plaid patten. I really love the model's hair.

































Best of all - this pattern is multi-sized! Sizes 32-34 and 35-38 inches.
Knitted on fingering weight yarn, using 3.75mm and 2.75mm needles.
























I hope you enjoy the plate as much as I do :).

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, I want the pattern for that turquoise one! :-D

Elsa said...

Lisa, me too! What a gorgeous pattern!

Bex said...

Ok lovelies - I promise to post it when I get back from Viva :)
xx

Jessica Cangiano said...

So sweet and wonderfully kind of you, dear Bex!

♥ Jessica

Claire Gittins said...

Fab check pattern on this one - thank you for sharing.
You are teasing us though by showing other patterns. I really like the two at the top of your post but I'd make the mustard one in a different colour.
Enjoy Viva!

Lisa said...

Have a fab time at Viva my dear. xxx

Kate-Em said...

These colour plates are fabulous. Thanks for the pattern.