Friday, September 20, 2013

Finished Outfit : Victory Jumper, Patons 876

Knitted Vs for Victory!

 
Let's wave at the pretend returned soldiers marching down my street!
 
Size: Pattern was for 38 inch bust - my finished size was 39 inches.
Yarn: Brown Sheep Nature Spun Sport.
 
The Review:
This pattern is super easy, but as you can't see the finished jumper in the picture you really have to trust the process. I was a bit stumped as to how the sleeve heads were supposed to look (confusing instructions that probably made sense to a 1940's knitter) so I just folded them into a box-head. I think it was right anyway.
 
Mods:
Added more rows to the body as I wasn't sure what the row-gauge was meant to be (I think they were getting 9 rows per inch - I was getting 11).
Added a button closure to the neck as I felt the neck opening was a bit small for my big head.
 
 
Overall - I love it! The yarn is soft and a touch fuzzy, the 'V's look great and the box-head sleeves are pure 1940's styling.

It's probably not something I would knit again (it's pretty distinctive) but it was definitely an enjoyable knit.


































Outfit:
Jumper - knit my me!
Skirt - repro, Simplicity 3688, 1940s suspender skirt without the suspenders.
Shoes - 1940's heels from VintiqueVixen on Etsy
Scarf - op-shop
Bracelet - Diva
Earrings - 1940's carved roses, Etsy
Brooch - 1940's novelty sailor brooch, Etsy
Lipstick - Besame 'Carmine'
Flag - vintage Red Ensign flag.


And thanks for the patience to those who asked for photos!

17 comments:

Mariela said...

You look great and that jumper is wonderful.

Kimberly said...

looks fantastic! your knitting is always so superb! <3

Andrea said...

That jumper is very flattering on you. I think I need to add it to my to-knit list. Gorgeous!

Evie said...

You are so stinkin' cute! Beautiful job on the jumper!

Knitting-twitter said...

fantastic job! It looks very stylish...
ciao ciao Christa

Penny-Rose said...

Its fabulous - well beyond my knitting capabilities. You wear it so well with the skirt and the scarf.

puttingontheritzz said...

Love this jumper! I wish I had patience to actually finish a knit SCARF let alone an item of clothing.

Emily said...

Fab! Really suits you x

sewmuch2learn said...

I love that sweater! What a beauty! and the skirt is fabulous! Great job!

Desiree said...

Perfection! And I am of course very jealous you found vintage shoes to fit you. I can never ever find them. I've essentially given up trying.

Laurence said...

Waow!!!! Love this jumper! Perfect colors!

Tamara said...

Love, love, love it!!!

Bex said...

Thank you so much for the lovely comments! (I can't seem to reply individually, sorry!).

Desiree - I sadly admit to searching on Etsy everyday for 1940's shoes in a size 9 medium. They do come along every now and then :)
xx

Abby Horskins said...

Awesome! I love this jumper, looks gorgeous on you! Make me one hahaha :)

Claire Gittins said...

What a lovely jumper! I love the V detail. It looks great on you.

wardrobeexperience said...

the jumper is too die for ...

oshedesigns said...

I think this might be my favorite of all your knitting projects. Maybe even my favorite outfit post, too! Well done, you.

My wrists cannot handle knitting or crocheting and even if they could, I'm too impatient. This looks so professional!