And the original (I made view 1)...
I can see why this pattern is so popular! Easy to sew, and the full sleeves feel very glamorous.
Fabric : 1.5m of black gaberdine
Mods: None really. There is so much ease in this pattern that I used the 38 inch size (I'm 39.5) and simply enlarged the waist band to fit me. The only issue I had was setting the sleeve head into the arm - so I just slightly gathered the top of the sleeve for a small puff.
Also - didn't do bound button holes because they are evil.
I think my favourite details are the pointed cuffs - so cute!
But wait - there's more!
How about Simplicity 1692 ( view A)?
In comparison to the Jacket, this blouse is full of modifications, but I'm still very happy with it.
I didn't realise until I looked at the pattern pieces, but it's meant to just slip over your head which would have made the the shirt very 'blousy' and not at all flattering. The darts also end just before the waist leaving a lot of excess baggy fabric around your middle.
1. extended the front and back darts up past the waist line.
2. cut a size smaller to reduce the ease.
3. changed the back to be a button-up (same as most other 1940's blouses).
4. drop the sleeve height by 1/4 inch to remove shoulder pads.
5. self covered buttons!
Fabric: 100% cotton print from Lincraft (very old stash busting).
I hope the weather has been fine and sunny where you are too!