Sunday, August 19, 2012

'Geoffrey', Men's Diamond Patterned Cardigan, c. 1920s/30s

I know I don't list many mens/masculine patterns on here, but I promise to list some more this year.

This design is 'Geoffrey', and comes from Patons & Baldwins Speciality Knitting Book No.22 - I think this is very early 1930s, but might even be late 1920s.

I like the unisex style of this design, and the simple garter-stitch square shapes.
The pattern used fingering weight yarn on 3.75mm and 2.75mm needles - to fit a chest size of 38 inches.




2 comments:

Sølvi said...

Thanks for listing this! It has such a classic design that could work in any decade. Lovely! :-)

Andi B. Goode said...

Ooh, I really like this one! Men's knitting patterns (generally from the 50s on) tend to have more humorous photos, too. Though this Geoffrey is a little more subdued than a lot of the men in my patterns. Haha.