Sunday, March 11, 2012

FO: Smooth Sailing Blouse and Suspender Skirt

Hello Cats and Kittens!
Only two weeks til I fly away, and still sewing like i'm possessed!

I've just finished my latest 1940's outfit - based on this for inspiration:

From Etsy



















And here's my version:


I used the Smooth Sailing blouse pattern from Wearing History, and the skirt from Simplicity 3688 (with my own suspenders modification).

The blouse is made from a retro quilters cotton print, with vintage buttons off Etsy. The skirt is just navy gaberdine. I LOVE the skirt so much, its so comfortable.

I also have to show-off what Jakk got me for my birthday - a vintage WWII wife's brooch! So sweet!

9 comments:

MistressCatgirl said...

Awesome outfit! The brooch is adorable.

Andi B. Goode said...

Looks great! I love suspender skirts and they definitely look fantastic with the smooth sailing blouses.
-Andi x

Debi said...

LOVE your outfit! The fabrics are just great and I adore the red buttons. That brooch is amazing!

Jennifer Crowley said...

I always love how simple and fun your sewing projects turn out to be. Especially because sewing is not necessarily my strong point.

Moxie Tonic said...

Everything came together perfectly! Am loving the suspender skirt - definitely need to add on of these to my wardrobe. The wife's brooch is just the icing on the cake: wonderful!!

khristie B said...

Argh-mazing. I love it all.

Bex said...

Aww thank you guys!
x

Desiree said...

I absolutely love suspender skirts. Alright, that does it. I'm going to frigging learn to sew so I can have one in every color.

Heather Woollove said...

I just found your blog through Zed's and it's AWESOME~!! I really love this outfit...and you even found the perfect lipstick to match! Fabulous! XXO-